Climate Action for Collective Impact
Progress on climate solutions is accelerating, however, we have only a short window to ensure the momentum translates to the local level, with health equity and justice a central focus. Clinicians, public health workers, and health educators are uniquely positioned to drive climate solutions that protect health, address persistent disparities, and engage the public.
The National Health + Climate Forum will bring together national, state, and local leaders from across health disciplines to share best practices, develop shared strategies to grow our impact, and commit to climate action that protects the public’s health — locally and nationally.
Join us for this hybrid in-person, virtual event on September 20, 2023.
National Health + Climate Forum Agenda:
- Welcome: Lynn Goldman, MD, George Washington University Milken Institute; Ben Fulgencio-Turner, ecoAmerica
- Opening Keynote Address: Senator Edward Markey (D-MA)
- Climate Solutions are Health Solutions: Georges Benjamin, MD, American Public Health Association; Natasha DeJarnett PhD, White House Council on Environmental Quality; Jaqui Patterson, MPH, The Chisholm Legacy Project.
- Core Climate Initiatives in Health Care: Antonia Hertzog, PhD, Health Care Without Harm; Lisa Patel, MD, Medical Society Consortium on Climate Change; Neelima Tummala, MD, George Washington University Climate Health Institute, Meighen Speiser, ecoAmerica.
- Lunch Keynote: Representative Lauren Underwood (D-IL 14th)
- Children’s Mental Health in a Changing Climate: Samantha Adhoot, MD; Virginia Clinicians for Climate Action; Leyla McCurdy, ecoAmerica; Shahlini Shah, MD, Boston Children’s Hospital.
- Planetary Health, The Big Picture: Cecilia Sorensen, MD, Columbia University Global Consortium on Climate and Health Education; Marie Studer, PhD, Planetary Health Alliance.
- Breakout Activity: Building collective impact through local action
- Forum Closing